We often start analyzing our lifestyle, diet, exercise, habits when we are not feeling well or are sick. Here is what happened to me in 2017. My husband and I found out that we were having a second baby and were excited to start making plans for the upcoming year. When we went to 10th week pregnancy check-up we were told that the pregnancy is over and there’s no more heartbeat. We were heartbroken. I was trying to figure out what procedures to choose just to minimize potential fertility problems for the future. At that time one of my friends on Facebook posted an article about Essential Oils. I was looking for natural remedies that would help me relax, normalize hormones and feel better. She told her how essential oils healed her kids when they had whooping cough and couldn’t breathe at night. I have done a massive research and chose Young Living Essential Oils because that’s the only company that owns farms and distilleries that are open to public. Unfortunately, FDA doesn’t have quality standards for essential oils, so we really must know the source of essential oils before we use them. Studying at school of Aromatic studies I learned that labels on Essential oils can literally mean nothing. When I smell Young Living Essential Oils I feel like I’m at the field full of flowers, herbs, plants or trees it’s been made from! I admire these oils. They’re real. They work. In this article, I would like to share how I use Young Living Essential Oil.
- Frankincense Essential Oil – one of the most special oils. It’s used for depression, cancer, respiratory infections, immune system boost, and relaxation. Frankincense is considered the “holy anointing oil” and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. In the old times it used to be valued more than gold and has numerous uses. I diffuse it, apply it to skin with coconut oil and even take it internally 3 drops at a time, 3 times daily.
- Lavender Essential Oil – tissue regeneration and wound healing. It’s very popular and most of the commercially available lavender oils is not of pure form. I remember smelling it for the first time. It’s nothing like what I’ve smelled in my shampoos and soaps. Lavender is used for respiratory infections, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, menstrual problems/PMS, skin conditions (perineal repair, acne, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, stretch marks), burns, hair loss, insomnia, nervous tension. It’s very calming, relaxing and balancing. I like to diffuse it at night (6-8 drops). When I wake up I feel very rested. I also add it to moisturizing cream or coconut oil and apply it to my face for better looking skin.
- Balsam Copaiba Essential Oil – used for all types of pain and inflammatory disorders, both internal (stomach ulcers and cancer) and external (skin disorders and insect bites). Four drops of Copaiba oil mixed with a spoonful of honey makes a natural sore throat remedy. Copaiba balsam is also used as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory for the urinary tract (cystitis, bladder, and kidney disorders) and in the treatment of urinary problems, stomach ulcers, tetanus, bronchitis, and tuberculosis. I take 3 drops internally in a veggie capsule with water. I also diffuse it for several hours. It can also be applied to skin with or without dilution. Mommies use it for teething babies, it relieves pain, inflammation and soothes babies.
- Peppermint – one of the oldest herbs for soothing digestion. It is also used for rheumatism/arthritis, respiratory infections (pneumonia/tuberculosis), obesity, viral infections (herpes simplex, herpes zoster, cold sores, human papilloma virus, fungal infections/candida, digestive problems, headaches, nausea, skin conditions (itchy skin, varicose veins, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis), scoliosis, back problems. Peppermint essential oil is used internally (1 drop in a capsule with glass of water), it can also be applied to the skin with a carrier oil, such as olive or coconut oil. Diffusing it is also a good way of using peppermint oil!
- Digize blend – the best for digestive support! It relieves digestive problems, including indigestion, heartburn, gas and bloating. It helps fight candida as it kills and digests parasite infestation. Digize is used internally, 1-3 drops in a veggie capsule with a cup of water. It can also be applied to the stomach area with carrier oil. Ingredients: Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, Patchouli
- Citrus Fresh blend – stimulates the right side of the brain to amplify creativity and well-being, helps with anxiety, and works well as an air purifier. When taken internally it helps to detox the body. I add couple of drops to my drinks most mornings. I put 6 drops in a diffuser for fresh air.
- Lemon Oil – widely used in skincare to cleanse skin, reduce wrinkles, and combat acne. Lemon oil is also used to improve circulation, arteriosclerosis, obesity, parasites, urinary tract infections, varicose veins, anxiety, etc. I put 6-8 drops of Lemon oil in diffuser, I also add it to drinks (1-3 drops). Use 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces. I combine 2–3 drops with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Panaway Blend – one of my favorites! It reduces pain and inflammation, increases circulation, and accelerates healing. It relieves swelling and discomfort from arthritis, sprains, muscle spasms, cramps, bumps and bruises. Topical use only: dilute 1 drops with 4 drops of carrier oil and apply on temples, back of the head, neck, forehead or any other desired l I used to carry my baby girl around too much and because of that my wrists were in pain. I applied Panaway blend several times and pain was gone in a day. Ingredients: Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, Peppermint.
- Stress Away blend – gentle, fragrant blend that brings a feeling of peace and tranquility to both children and adults and helps to relieve daily stress and nervous tension. Shake well and apply liberally on temples, neck, back of neck or wrists. Ingredients: Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, Lavender.
- Thieves blend – this is the most amazing blend for antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-infectious Essential Oils. Studies conducted at Weber a State University during 1997 demonstrated the disinfecting power of these amazing oils against airborne microorganisms. Ingredients: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary. I dilute 3 drops of Thieves blend with 10-12 drops of carrier oil and apply it to feet and spine. I also drink it in capsules 1-2 drops several times daily when I’m sick. I diffuse Thieves blend in the air as a prevention or if someone in the house is sick.
- Raven blend – oils of this blend fight against respiratory diseases and infections such as tuberculosis, influenza, and pneumonia. Ingredients: Camphor (Ravintsara), Lemon, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata. I dilute 3 drops of Raven with 3 drops of carrier oil and apply it to the chest. I diffuse it 3 times daily for up to 30 mins.
To buy the kit of these 11 oils, Dessert Mist Diffuser, 2 packs of Ningxia red juice sample, 1 pack of cleaner sample simply follow the steps on Young Living website and feel free to use my ID number: 13522601.
For any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student at School of Aromatic Studies of New York