The Dalai Lama is certainly one of the most loving, kind, and compassionate religious and political figures of this century. The greatness of this man is unbounded and all of us can learn important lessons from him.
Here we have collected some of advises from the Dalai Lama that will inspire you to live a more compassionate life, filled with happiness and wisdom.
1. Take into account the fact that big love and big success imply big risks.
2. When you lose, do not lose the lesson.
3. Follow three R: respect for oneself, Respect for others, Responsibility of all your acts.
4. You remember that not to obtain what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn rules to know how to break them correctly.
6. Do not let a small quarrel bruise a big friendship.
7. When you realize that you made an error, take immediately measures to correct it
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to the change, but do not let fly away your values.
10. Remember yourselves that the silence is sometimes the best answers.
11. Live your life in a good and honorable way. So, when you will age and when you will look behind, you will take advantage of it second time.
12. An affectionate home is the foundation of your life.
13. In the disagreements which you have with those that you love, occupy you only of the current situation. Do not wake the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way of reaching the immortality.
15. Be to aim with the earth.
16. Once a year, go somewhere where you never went previously.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds the need you have of the other.
18. Judge your successes according to what you had to sacrifice to obtain them.
19. Approach love and cooking with a carefree abandonment(relinquishment).