Throat Chakra at a glance:
Sanskrit name: Visuddha
Petals of the lotus: Sixteen
Seed sound: Ham
Vowel sound: Eee
Rights: To speak
Endocrine gland: Thyroid and Parathyroid gland
Physical association: Throat, ears, mouth, shoulders, and neck
Psychological function: Communication
Identity: Creative identity
Developmental stage: 7 -12 years
Plane: Human plane, where the dark night of soul ends
Deity: Sadasiva, Sakini
Mythological Animal: Elephant, bull, lion
Sephira: Geburah, Chesed
The Throat chakra is the energy center associated with self-expression and communication.
Life experiences may result in chakra imbalance and block the energy flowing through this energy center. Here are some tips to opening your throat chakra and restore balance.
When the throat chakra is imbalanced, you may experience:
- chronic sore throat
- thyroid problems
- dental issues
- neck pain
Emotional signs your throat chakra may need opening can include:
- lack of control over one’s speech; speaking too much or inappropriately
- not being able to keep secrets, to keep your word
- telling lies
- fear of speaking
- inhibited creativity
- inability to express thoughts
- a closed throat chakra might manifest as excessive secretiveness or shyness
A few basic steps to clear this chakras include:
- Working through and releasing all negative emotions, including guilt, hurt, and resentment can work wonders to restore energy balance in the throat chakra. Sometimes a good cry can also help alleviate a blockage of the fifth chakra.
- Practicing mindful speech, action, and deeds can help you maintain throat chakra balance. For example, talk openly and honestly with others on a regular basis.
- Meditating on and incorporating the throat chakra’s color, blue, into your life can also calm emotional upheaval. For instance, introduce blue-colored flowers or decor to your home environment.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
- I am open, clear, and honest in my communication.
- I have a right to speak my truth.
- I communicate my feelings with ease.
- I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
- I nourish my spirit through creativity.
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom. I know when it is time to listen.