Healing takes many different shapes, colors, and forms.
Really, there are healers all around you. A healer, I’m loosely defining here as someone who helps themselves, another, or even the planet move closer into alignment with Divine truth, authentic light, and with greater peace, love, balance, and harmony.
Healing’s not only about making the journey from sickness to health, or disease to wellness… Healing is about these things, but it is also so much more. Healing involves moving along the path of aligning with purpose, freedom, and your highest potential.
Could you be a healer?
When it comes to healers, many of these are aware of their gifts and healing abilities. They’ve “woken up” to a sense of understanding their purpose and are actively helping other people and the planet. Sometimes healers work in healthcare; as activists, mediums, massage therapists, energy healers, intuitives, shamans, counselors, and more.
Other-times, they’re not fully aware of their abilities as a healer. They may sense something different about themselves, or that something is missing from their life, but aren’t able to recognize it or open to it.
In my experience there are many signs that point people toward their true callings.
And being a healer is, without doubt, a calling.
Those who are healers but don’t yet know it are often the people who end up dedicating their lives to a cause and to helping to end the suffering of others.
Our society does not have a tradition of recognizing and honoring healers, and we all suffer because of this. For those who are healers, but have not recognized their calling, they may feel like they’re in the wrong job – sometimes even on the wrong planet!
If you’re a healer, recognizing and acknowledging your spiritual healing abilities will move you closer to your highest and true self. When you move toward your highest self, you will be able to live your full potential in healing others. But how do you know your highest purpose?
How do you know if you are a healer?
Sometimes healers are recognized by other healers and given a nudge in the right direction.
Right around the time I was awakening, and really getting into spirituality, metaphysics, and meditation, I kept attracting people who would tell me I was a healer.
It wasn’t until I began channeling that I started to recognize my own healing abilities, as immense healing light would flow through me alongside every channeled message. Over time, as I began to trust myself and my angels more, the amount of light I could channel increased, the power of the energy healing I flowed increased, and I aligned with an energy healing process, called Angel Energy Healing that I now share and teach to others today.
Really, the healing light and love of the Divine and angelic realms was always available and always a part of me. I was always a healer, even before other people began to see and notice this in me, but I had to learn to live with an open heart and be willing to receive the blessings, messages, and light energies that were coming to me.
Waking up to the calling of a healer is different for everyone.
Since you’re reading this article, you likely already have some inkling that you have healing capabilities, but don’t yet have the confidence to own what you know.
The simple truth is that you don’t need anyone else to awaken you, label you, or anoint you as a healer for it to be so. You must simply take an honest look at your life. The answers are right in front of you.
Here’s 16 Signs That You Are Indeed A Healer
I’ve put together a list of 16 signs that you’re a healer. Take a look to see how many resonate with you.
1. You work in a traditional healing field or have a family history of healing work in your family. This can include physical therapists, veterinarians, massage therapists, doctors and nurses, psychologists, social workers, and counselors, community activists, environmentalists, teachers, botanists, and horticulturalists.
2. You’ve been through a fair share of struggles and challenges in your life that have prepared you to help others with similar problems. Perhaps you’ve suffered great loss, abuse, or trauma that has shaped the direction of your life.
3. Your energy affects other people and other things. Your presence can calm people and your energy is infectious. Sometimes electronics have a tendency to get wonky or stop working altogether when you’re around.
4. You’re sensitive to other peoples moods and you can “read” others thoughts. You often walk into a room and can immediately sense the energetic vibration – people have been arguing, people are excited, someone is upset or angry. When talking with others you can tell what they are thinking or what they want – without them telling you.
5. You have vivid dreams that either closely connects to past or future events, or which seem to deliver a message either for you or someone close to you. Perhaps you dream of animal totems, angels, or spirit guides that seem to be trying to communicate.
6. You feel a strong pull toward a global shift in consciousness and to helping others embrace this shift. You see that your life events have been building, place you in a position to teach or guide people to embrace a new perspective.
7. You love nature and feel most comfortable when you are able to be outside for long periods of time. Your energy levels soar and you sense that nature is communicating with you and revealing herself to you.
8. You prefer being alone and are introverted in large groups. Your energy is often drained after social gatherings. There are so many energy patterns in the room that it’s easily confusing and overwhelming.
9. You are a natural giver and helper. There is a strong desire to put others at ease and eliminate suffering. You often act on these impulses, even when it means inconvenience or a loss of resources for your own self.
10. Children and animals like you. They act differently around you, usually they calm down if excited or agitated, or they simply want to be near you at all times.
11. Everyone, particularly people you don’t know, end up telling you about their loss and heartache. Sometimes they’ll even say, “I don’t know why I’m telling you all this!”
12. You have a vast amount of empathy, sympathy, and compassion. Your heart aches when you see someone in mental or physical pain, natural disasters and environmental pollution bring you anguish and you’re keenly aware of and concerned about the struggles of other humans and animals.
13. You have inexplicable physical sensations – frequent headaches, tingly palms and feet, regular indigestion, shoulder and neck pain. Perhaps you also have a history of anxiety, depression, or panic disorder.
14. It’s easy for you to see alternative solutions to problems that others can see. You have a knack for making life easier for people and you rarely see things in just black or white; either/or.
15. You see or sense things that others can’t. You sometimes, or often, hear things, see things, smell things, or sense things, no one else does. Sometimes this perception might be clear, like a voice, someone’s aura, or a being in the room. At other times, it’s a vague sensation that you can’t quiet catch.
16. The idea and concept of being a healer is exciting to you. You have always been interested in meeting healers, trying out new modes of healing, hearing others stories of healing, and reading books on the subject. You get a sense of excitement when you allow yourself to think that you might be a healer.
If you see yourself in this list, I encourage you to continue your exploration. It’s highly possible that you have healing abilities inside that are waiting to be recognized and cultivated.
What you do with your gifts is up to you.
Not all healers have “New Age” or healing professions. Some cultivate their gifts using them to help when and as they can.
If you’re curious about where this road might lead you, follow your inner curiosity to explore how being a healer wants to manifest through you. Explore spiritual healing practices and modalities… Maybe something will resonate more strong with you and help you to determine an initial direction.
There are also great books out there which will help you expand your knowledge and get in touch with the healer inside. Again, listen to your inner voice of guidance, practice presence and awareness, and know that you are guided. As you trust yourself and keep taking steps, your highest purpose and authentic path cannot help but appear.